Healthcare and Human Services
- New Business Specialist
Leads day-to-day functions essential to the success of the New Business Department for NIE by providing quality customer service; managing customer inquiries; design and manage customer requested projects; complete special assignments related to new business projects and participating in regulatory initiatives, etc. May include field work related to design of customer requested work.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions.
- Communicate both via phone and in person as applicable regarding customer requested work orders.
- Analyze projects parameters and determine factors for contract preparation.
- Calculate commercial hourly demand, pressure requirements and annual fuel utilization.
- Use independent judgment to determine contract parameters in a manner that satisfies customer and complies with regulatory policies.
- Manage the design and project management of customer requested gas and electric services, relocates and other New Business cases, utilizing effective techniques for planning, engineering, scheduling and tracking
- Prepare/complete detailed CAD drawings, permits, easements, other miscellaneous documents for the design of gas and electric New Business cases
- Meet customers in a timely manner to analyze and determine energy requirements
- Manage customer requirements from the initial needs through to the final delivery of gas and electric utilities
- Help provide engineering solutions that effectively meet the needs of the customer and Company while still adhering to the financial goals of the Company and comply with all applicable standards
- If required, influence customers to convert equipment from alternate fuel use to natural gas use
- Interacts independently with trade allies including HVAC contractors, plumbers, distributors/manufacturers, builders/developers, engineers and architects
- Understand the company tariff and growth programs and represent them to prospective customers within regulatory guidelines
- Design and maintain processes to evaluate effectiveness of programs/projects.
- Identifies and implements process improvements related to New Business functions.
- Perform financial analysis of budgets, forecasts and specific projects as required.
- Provide input for the development of the growth capital budget and participates in developing management policy regarding this process.
- Lead the investigation and resolution of internal and external stakeholder inquiries, including IURC complaints.
- Use judgment in the development and critical review of electric and gas forecasts.
- For customers participating in NB programs, act as liaison through implementation process.
- Acts a company expert in regard to management of customer programs.
- Investigate and respond to customer surveys to provide operational insight
- Perform quality control functions on call center phone calls to assure consistent, quality interactions with customers
- Leads special project efforts/initiatives related to New Business programs.
- Supports business operations to attain revenue generation goals.
- Provide an exceptional level of customer service in person, via telephone and electronic communication
- Maintain services/projects within budgetary constraints
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills both verbally and in writing, and represent New Business with internal stakeholders at meetings and corporate events
- Mentor and support team members to strengthen knowledge and skills
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the new business team
- Acts as resource for New Business CSR¿s and internal departments in technical and specialized areas.
- Represents the New Business department at events as required
- Develops positive working relationships with internal and external customers and stakeholders through both direct and indirect communications.
- Develops, maintains and implements New Business marketing plan.
- Uses discretion in participating in regulatory proceedings as required
- Participate in restoration efforts related to electric system interruptions and outages
- Meets or exceeds established goals.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Business, Management or comparable experience.
- Strong communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of energy products, services, end-use applications.
- Strong computing skills including but not limited to the Microsoft family of software.
- Exercises independent judgment and initiates solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively to accomplish business goals
- Excellent problem solving & decision making skills
- Ability to drive issues to closure
- Ability to meet pressured deadlines within time constraints
- Ability to manage multiple priorities¿ Must be able to foster team work within a matrix organization
- Familiarity with mainframe and PC based program applications, (i.e., Maximo, CAD, MLOG, MS Office, Lotus Notes, CIS, computerized records, etc.)
- Ability to read/interpret construction prints, understand and apply basic surveying principles; project management experience helpful
- Some travel required across applicable sales territory.
- High accountability for achieving targeted goals.
- Frequent opportunity to interface with customer base.
Relocation assistance is NOT available for this position.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com before June 24th!