Overall Purpose: Why the Job Exists & What You Will Do:
As an Assembler, you will utilize specific Work Instructions/Blueprints and safely assemble units. Following the Bill of Materials you will collect and accurately track all parts for each unit and follow all quality standards to build required demand.
Essential Job Functions & Expected Outcomes: Your Accountabilities in the Role
A. Read assembly drawings along with BOM's and special notes for assembly.
B. Wash parts using water base and solvent base cleaning tanks.
C. Lift parts manually or with a hoist, and position and secure parts either on skids or assemblies
D. Verifies visually and by mechanical feel, as to the quality and proper fit of parts.
E. Listens to noise of running assembly to detect if problem exists.
F. Prepare proper work order/routing documentation.
G. Insures parts are made to Kobelco Compressors specifications to ensure customer satisfaction.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities and activities, which may change or be assigned at any item with or without notice.
A. Education: High school diploma or GED required.
B. Experience: 1-3 years' experience in assembly. Experience in metals manufacturing preferred.
C. Technology Aptitude/Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude with high attention to detail are required for this role. Must have ability to use shop mathematics and the metric system on a routine basis. Must be able to use decimals and fractions as they relate to the work environment.
D. Functional Skills: Excellent prioritization, organizational and attention to detail are important in this role.
E. Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to fill-out daily labor reports and record information of daily activities.
F. Culture Match Behaviors: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.
Core Values that Apply to All Positions:
• Always Think-Safe
• Quality Minded
• Be Accountable
• Be Humble & Stay Hungry • Do More with Less
• Embrace the Talents Around You
• Be an Excellent Communicator
• Enjoy Your Job
• Moving mechanical parts
• Pallet Jack
• Hand measuring tools
• Hand Tools
Physical Requirements to Perform Essential Functions:
• Ability to stand/walk on production floor for 8+ hours per day.
• Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp parts, change tooling, do pushing/pulling of tools, and do fine manipulation of mics, gauges, etc.
• Ability to write information in a logical flow
• Ability to read and respond on an on-going basis daily due to nature of the work, throughout the day
• Ability to communicate with others in person.
• Ability to walk, bend, reach, climb, and carry and lift to 35-40 lbs regularly and up to 75lbs on occasion.
Environmental Conditions & Travel:
• The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas.
• The employee is exposed to moderate noise levels.
• Temperature controlled environment.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
Staggered shifts and lunch/break times.
Temperature check each morning as well symptom screening
Masks are provided and must be worn at all times
Sanitation training as well as sanitation crew
- Some Experience Required
- HS Diploma Required