Ivy Tech Community College
- Faculty Full Time Business Administration
Job no: 506660 Work type: Full Time Faculty Location: South Bend/Elkhart, IN Categories: Faculty General Description of Position: Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within specific academic programs; provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes; engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co-curriculum; provide institutional support and community service; participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives; support the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives; conform to campus expectations of faculty performance and engagement.
Major Responsibilities: INSTRUCTION Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning, and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes. Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes. Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required. Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices. Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes. Use Learning Management System (e.g. IvyLearn) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication. Ensures knowledge of and implements emergency and safety procedures for classrooms, labs and all learning environments. RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisees in partnership with professional academic advising staff. Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including use of technology for academic advising alerts; provide necessary interventions to include communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources. Maintain posted office hours and student engagement hours in accordance with campus expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2). Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means. PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent onsite in related business and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study. Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and licensure. Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best support student learning. COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college’s relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/school/college. Develop community/industry/business contacts to advance college relationships within service area as appropriate in the department and school. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditations, and grant-related projects. Support and engage with Workforce Alignment and Development (Ivy Tech Foundations). Attend commencement and participate as assigned by campus administration. Participate in college/campus-wide meetings and departmental/school/faculty meetings. Participate in career service and alumni activities. Support program/department chair in program management activities. Adhere to college and campus academic policies. The above list of duties is not to be construed as an exhaustive list. Other duties logically associated with the position may be assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A qualified faculty member in Business Administration meets the program standard through one of four routes:
- Possesses an earned master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in business administration, public administration, management, marketing, or a business administration-related field as appropriate to the program; or
- Possesses an earned related or out-of-field master’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with documented 18 post-secondary semester hours or equivalent of courses beyond the introductory principle(s) level in business administration, public administration, management, marketing, or a business-administration-related field as appropriate to the program; or
- Possesses an earned related or out-of-field master’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, with documentation in two or more of the following: Professional certification (national, regional or state) in business related field Two years of in-field professional employment in business field Documented evidence of teaching excellence, including date of award Documentation of research and publication in the field Documented relevant additional coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree, equivalent to 18 semester hours or equivalent subject matter coursework, CEU’s, vendor, or military; or
- Possesses an earned bachelor’s degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in business administration, public administration, management, marketing, or a business administration-related field as appropriate to the program, with documentation in two or more of the following: Professional certification (national, regional or state) in business related field Two years of in-field professional employment in business related field Documented evidence of teaching excellence, including date of award Documentation of research and publication in the field Documented relevant additional coursework beyond the bachelor’s degree, equivalent to 18 semester hours or equivalent subject matter coursework, CEU’s, vendor, or military.
Other Requirements: Selected candidate for employment will be subject to pre-employment background checks, including criminal history check, and any offer of employment will be contingent upon that outcome.
Position requires sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the College students and employees.
Positivity, creativity, flexibility in working schedule. (Ability to work days and some evenings) focused on student support and success
Fully supports the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives.
Work Hours: Day, evening and/or Saturday classes
Hiring Range: $42,000
Team Ivy Referral: n/a
Special Instructions to Applicants: Attach a cover letter, resume, and 3 references (names, address, phone number).
Copies of transcripts may be required at time of interview. Original hard copies of transcripts will be required at time of hire.
COVID-19 Safety Measures