Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
- South Bend Temporary Attorney
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) is a statewide, not-for profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible clients in civil cases through 8 branch offices. ILS is funded by the Legal Services Corporation, Indiana Civil Legal Aid Fund, United Ways, Area Agencies on Aging, and approximately 20 other funding sources.
LOCATION: This position is located in the South Bend office of Indiana Legal Services.
JOB SUMMARY: This is a temporary full-time attorney position that is limited to one year. The attorney will primarily provide legal assistance and representation to tenants who are facing eviction, and perform other duties as needed. The attorney will work under the supervision of the Managing Attorney.
COMPENSATION: Salary is commensurate with experience. ILS offers an excellent fringe benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, Rx), disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a flex benefit plan.
- Provide high quality legal representation in court proceedings.
- Provide high quality legal advice, limited service, and negotiation.
- Review applications for legal assistance to assess legal issues and needs.
- Collaborate with community partners and other agencies.
- Comply with all LSC and grant requirements and all ILS policies and procedures.
- Licensed to practice law in Indiana.
- At least three (3) years of attorney experience is preferred.
- Experience in small claims court is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Dedicated to the mission of Indiana Legal Services.
POSITION START DATE: Immediately.
TO APPLY: Send a letter explaining your interest and experience, your resume, and a list of at least 3 professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers to Carlie Vaughn, HR Manager, at email@example.com.