- Accounting Assistant
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to innovation brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive.
The Accounting Assistant – Accounts Payable position directly supports the businesses of H.B. Fuller, formerly Royal Adhesives, which have annual revenue in excess of $650 million. The position will directly support all North American locations (12) of former Royal Adhesives, with primary responsibility for accounts payable (AP) processing, including voucher processing, issue resolution, payment processing, and maintenance of AP processes and controls.
Location: South Bend, IN
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and control complete vendor files with all required documentation.
- Process invoices for payment ensuring agreement with purchase orders/receiving documents, proper approval and coding in accordance with established accounts payable policies and procedures.
- Run weekly disbursements report (preliminary check register).
- Generate accounts payable payments.
- Maintain timely and accurate filing of paid invoices and statements.
- Process employee expense reports and checks in accordance with company policies and procedures and distribute checks.
- Maintain internal control structure; process and document tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, ensuring all transactions are in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform account analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Non-Degreed + 6 years general experience in finance or accounting or 2) Associates degree in business, finance, or accounting + 4 years general experience in finance or accounting. (International experience a plus.)
- Proven ability to interact with employees, internal customers, and external customers; including strong listening skills.
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills
- Advanced analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex issues / problems.
- Ability to organize, schedule, and prioritize individual work to meet various schedules, objectives and strict deadlines.
- Strong business systems knowledge. Preferably SAP and/or Adage.
- Excellent communication skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- High degree of flexibility (multi-task) and ability to work well under deadlines and pressures.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with high degree of discretion and independent judgment.
- Positive and enthusiastic team player dedicated to the achievement of department and corporate goals.
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Fluent in English
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical, dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid holidays**. This position may also qualify for medical reimbursement depending on the employee's annual base salary. If qualified, H.B. Fuller will pay up to 100% of the employee's medical premium.** All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus, based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on company and individual performance.
- Some Experience Required
- HS Diploma Required
- Some College Required