- Production Associates
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your manufacturing background into a rewarding position with an industry-leading company in 2020? As a Production Associate, you will work as part of a production team responsible for the manufacture & quality of wood and laminate material used for a variety of industries. Your specific duties in this role will include:
· Meeting or exceeding all team production goals on a consistent basis
· Loading and unloading items from machines and conveyors, while properly stacking them
· Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
· Wearing all required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) at all times while in work areas
· Performing general cleanup and maintenance of your work area
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Monitor machine output for product quality defects.
· Monitor machine output and document profile specs to insure spec tolerances.
· Provides feedback to supervisor regarding quality issues.
· Observes and adheres to quality control standards.
· Set-up machine to specified requirements using various hand tools.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proficient experience as a machine operator required for some roles; this would include profile setups and machine maintenance.
· Able to communicate effectively with your team and other departments.
· Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
· Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work.
· Ability to lift and carry 45 pounds, bend and squat frequently.
· Ability to read a tape measure to 1/16"
· Ability to safely operate forklift and/or other machinery preferred.
· Must be able to work any shift with overtime and weekend work as needed.
Genesis Products offers a competitive starting wage and an atmosphere conducive to growing your manufacturing career. Milestone bonuses paid after 90-days, 6-months and 1-year. Come join the team at Genesis!
Apply at any of these Genesis locations:
Plant 1 (2608 Almac Court Elkhart, IN)
Plant 6 (2924 East County Rd. 6 Elkhart, IN)
Plant 9 (1811 Eisenhower Drive South Goshen, IN)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.00 to $18.00 /hour
Health insurance Dental insurance Vision insurance Retirement plan Paid time off
Pay Frequency: Weekly
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is: Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction