Batteries Plus Bulbs
Retail/Other Essential Businesses
- Sales Associate / Device Repair Technician
Welcome to the wonderful world of batteries! With our continuously evolving need for mobile power, the battery industry is here to stay. We are actively searching for the ideal person to join our Customer Service Team. Whether full-time or part-time, this Sales Associate position is the dream job for an outgoing, people-person, and forward-thinking individual. If that sounds like you, apply today!
About Batteries Plus Bulbs
Batteries Plus Bulbs is one of the largest and fastest growing specialty retailers in the country! With the need for power "on-the-go" and with an increasing reliance on mobile devices, our reputation for solving battery problems and providing helpful advice places Batteries Plus Bulbs at the center of the growing market for batteries and smart phone repair services.
We offer a comprehensive selection of batteries, light bulbs, related products and phone and tablet repair services that meet the growing demands of retail consumers and businesses alike. With over 700 locations across the country and access to more than 45,000 unique battery and light bulb products, Batteries Plus Bulbs has become the most looked for single source supplier for battery and light bulb needs. If you're seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus Bulbs offers a terrific start: a wide variety of experiences, great training, the chance to build knowledge and skills, and the opportunity to take your career where you want it to go. If you're coming to us midcareer you will find terrific opportunities for growth.
Just as we are constantly evolving to satisfy the public's need for mobile power, we understand that our employees have needs as well. As an employer, we take pride in offering our employees competitive wages and benefits, a supportive work environment, as well as on-going training.
A Day in the Life of a Batteries Plus Bulbs Sales Associate
Don't expect the same old routine in this position. You will eagerly interact with a variety of people - from cell phone users looking for help to big businesses in need of a supplier for their battery, lighting and mobile power needs. As a representative of the store, you'll enthusiastically welcome customers (in person and on phone), offer assistance, maintain an organized and professional appearance (self and store), and adhere to all battery/bulb safety rules and regulations. And, get ready to move! This position requires movement throughout the store meeting the customer anywhere on the sales floor where you can effectively offer them assistance you won't be sitting around!
- Stable work history (prior retail work experience preferred)
- Patience, the ability to follow sequential steps in a repair manual, good hand/eye coordination and the ability to work with your hands-on disassembly and assembly of small electronic devices
- Ability to learn and incorporate new technology
- Ability to make sound decisions within company policies and guidelines
- Outgoing and approachable personality with excellent communication skills
- Passion for basic math problem solving along with a good technical aptitude, basic math skills and a desire to learn battery basics including various chemistries and their benefits and limitations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Knowledge of and ability to use common hand and power tools for auto battery installs
- Ability to work, thrive, support and be supported within a team environment
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
At Batteries Plus Bulbs, you will not only experience a fun-filled work environment but will be rewarded with outstanding pay and benefits!
Our benefits vary by position, but may include the following:
- Incentive Compensation Opportunities
- Paid Time Off (full time team members)
- Training and Development
- Employee Discount
- Paid Training
Drug screen required for employment. Batteries Plus Bulbs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.
- Some Experience Required
- Valid Driver's License Required